Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Endless thoughts about the girl I care about the most

So this Saturday will mark the 2nd month anniversary of me and Melissa. In some ways it feels more meaningful than the first, yet in others it seems less. Getting to the first month seems more meaningful in a sense that it marks the point where you can say that this is for real, and soon the words “I love you” become commonplace in your days with them. However from a personal mental standpoint I see the second month as more important because it shows a level of comfort with your partner, that you’ve seen almost everything they can throw at you, and from here you don’t get many surprises about them. So essentially to me it means what you see now is pretty much what you are going to get, with change not coming easy. So why am I seeing the second month as a bigger deal than the first? Simple, even after seeing a flaw or two in Melissa I wish weren’t there, I still love her more than anything. So to me, it is truly saying, “Babe, I’m in this for the long haul.”

So, instead of getting into the more explicit ways in which my unending love is apparent, I will instead avoid them in favor of a description of her through my own eyes. One thing that most people don’t know about me is the first thing I notice about a girl is their smile, and for Melissa her smile’s beauty is not found through alignment or brightness, but through the truth of pure happiness when it’s shown. Her smile is also very contagious, the kind that makes her friends follow suit and her enemies angry with jealousy of her noticeable happiness. The next thing that I notice is a particular part of personality, the part that screams out an innocent, sweet girl. She grabs hold of these categories naturally in ways nobody else can, making me happy through them and also for her understanding my thoughts. It is a connection that is unique to our personalities clashing. After those two I consider everything else as it comes at me. I like the silky softness found in Melissa’s hair and running my fingers through it. I love the softness in her face and just touching it. On a colder evening, just grabbing a blanket and cuddling and kissing are the best though. Touching those soft lips with mine in the name of passion is a euphoric state the likes of which I didn’t know existed.

So, to say that I’m in this for the long haul is the ONLY way to say it, because a love so great won’t be stopped before reaching the end destination, which looks like paradise from this distance.

Make it happen,
Alexander

No comments: